6/24/2010

Planning My Pitchfork Festival Schedule

Yes, I'm reviving this blog from the dead for a post that will mostly only be of interest to me. And maybe the handful of other people I know who will be at the Pitchfork Festival next month.

So let's do this. Green and bold is for artists I REALLY want to see. Red is for artists I have no interest in seeing. Black is for artists who I wouldn't mind seeing if the opportunity arises.

Friday July 16 (gates at 3 p.m.):

3:30 Sharon Van Etten (a)
4:00 The Tallest Man on Earth (c)
4:35 El-P (a)
5:30 Liars (c)
5:45 Hannibal Buress (b)
6:25 Robyn (a)
6:30 Wyatt Cenac (b)
7:15 Michael Showalter (b)
7:20 Broken Social Scene (c)
8:00 Eugene Mirman (b)
8:30 Modest Mouse (a)

Saturday July 17 (gates at 12 p.m.):

1:00 Free Energy (a)
1:00 Netherfriends (b)
1:45 Real Estate (c)
1:55 Sonny and the Sunsets (b)
2:30 Delorean (a)
2:50 Kurt Vile (b)
3:20 Titus Andronicus (c)
3:45 Dâm-Funk (b)
4:15 Raekwon (a)
4:45 Smith Westerns (b)

5:15 Blues Explosion (c)
5:45 WHY? (b)
6:15 Wolf Parade (a)
6:45 Bear in Heaven (b)
7:25 Panda Bear (c)
7:40 Freddie Gibbs (b)
8:30 LCD Soundsystem (a)


Sunday July 18 (gates at 12 p.m.):


1:00 Allá (a)
1:00 Cave (b)
1:45 Cass McCombs (c)

1:55 Best Coast (b)
2:30 Girls (a)
2:50 Washed Out (b)
3:20 Beach House (c)
3:45 Local Natives (b)
4:15 Lightning Bolt (a)
4:45 Surfer Blood (b)
5:15 St. Vincent (c)
5:45 Here We Go Magic (b)
6:15 Major Lazer (a)
6:45 Neon Indian (b)
7:25 Big Boi (c)
7:40 Sleigh Bells (b)
8:30 Pavement (a)


Now that I've written all this out, my schedule-making decisions look much easier. The only real problems:
  • Wish the comedians were starting a little earlier Friday night. Not overly excited about El-P or Liars, and wouldn't mind having a few laughs instead.
  • Big gap between Smith Westerns and Freddie Gibbs on Saturday. Guess I'll be getting dinner and watching Wolf Parade again during those hours.
  • I wouldn't mind seeing ANY of the bands from Best Coast to Surfer Blood on Sunday, which means I'll have to pick and choose. I'm guessing after Best Coast, I'll catch a little Washed Out, then all of Beach House and at least some of Lightning Bolt out of curiousity.
  • Sunday night is another tough one. Looks like I'll have to miss Sleigh Bells, which is too bad.

2 comments:

  1. Why? sounds live exactly as they sound on album, so take that into consideration if you're a fan and/or expecting a different live show than their recorded material.

    Too bad Sleigh Bells is getting lost in the shuffle. They're P4K's Band of the Moment right now (my guess is Treats will be in their top 5 of the year), but you can't deny Pavement a headlining spot. The Big Boi conflict is pretty huge, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I wish the Vans Warped Tour schedules didn't change from day to day, and could therefore be put out in advance. I am driving to Montreal next weekend to see what boils down to about five bands, and I am living in fear that they'll do something super shitty like put The Cab and The Rocket Summer on at the same time.

    I'm an adult woman and yet I'd probably cry.

    ReplyDelete